The following research facilities are available in the Laser Laboratory
- Femtosecond fluorescence upconversion spectroscopy (excitation at 750-850, 375-425 or 250-280 nm, detection at the visible and NIR, temporal resolution 100 to 140fs, lifetime range 100fs to 2ns).
- Two-Photon Excited Fluorescence Spectroscopy (TPEF), (excitation spectral range 730-870nm, excitation pulse duration <80fs).
- Fully automated three-dimensional microfabrication set-up.
- Time Correlated Single Photon Counting Spectroscopy (excitation at 400 and 470 nm, detection at up to 850nm, temporal resolution down to 10 ps with reconvolution, lifetime range 10ps to 400ns).
- Stationary absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Optical Fiber and Bragg grating testing set-up with broadband light.
In more details, the Laser Laboratory is equipped with
- A Tsunami fs laser pumped by Millenia Vs (Spectra Physics)
- A Nd:YAG CW 10 Watts laser
- Picosecond Diode Lasers
- He-Ne lasers
- Autocorellator, high resolution monochromators, high-speed osciloscopes, lock-in amplifier, spectrum analyzer
- Optical spectrum analyzer, optical fiber splicer, optical fiber cleaver, optical loss test set, erbium doped amplifiers.
- Steady state spectroscopy is also realised by means of a Jasco V-650 UV-Vis spectrometer and a FluoroMax- 4 (Horiba Scientific) fluorescence spectrometer.
and a great variety of optical and opto-mechanical equipment.
For Lab photos see here